Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Canadiana from Adrienne & Stats






Adrienne sent this great collage postcard.



Interestingly none of the vintage stamps were cancelled, and it had a stuck-on barcode strip.



Removing the strip revealed two additional barcodes, a faint orange one (Canada?) and one in black. I'm sure that will remain an unsolved mail mystery as to why it needed three different codes.



___________________________________

Stats update

September ended up surpassing July as the most viewed month, with over 2000 views (mostly thanks to extra traffic via 29 faces in september, I think).

There's quite a different looking top 5, too, although Cathy O's orange envelope still reigns at number one.

1 (1) Exchange 11 - Mr Charles resplendent

2 (-) Faux postage + digital color postmarks

3 (3) Le Labyrinthe

4 (-) Not one of the envelopes 4 - Halloween stamps

5 (2) Envelope 100





4 comments:

  1. Boy! That's a wall hanger great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne has a great handle on how to do red really well.

      Delete
  2. Ah, you're sweet. I wish I hadn't used the "received" stamp on it. The red stamp pad I have isn't quite right. I've had a lot of people tell me that my stamps are never cancelled. Not sure if it is my local post office (they're lovely) or what. I'll ask about the bar codes. So glad they're haven't been any Sharpies or ballpoint pens "cancelling" the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like the received stamp - the overall effect on this collage is great, it feels balanced and modern, which is interesting given the traditional images.

      I think the barcode strips are put on by USPS, usually if there is a mistake with a barcode, or if the barcode placed by machine doesn't show up (dark envelopes). And yes, thankfully no evil marker of cancellation.

      Delete