Thursday, December 25, 2014

Winter Exchange - the Christmas catalogs



For the largest portion of the envelopes I sent out for Jan & Jean's winter exchange I used a Paper Source catalog. The colors in the catalog went really well with Winter Fun, Rudolph, Holiday Bauble and Global Wreath stamps.











On the topic of Paper Source, Eric had admired the bag I sent to Jean, so I sent him another one I had acquired.



The USPS philatelic catalog also made for some great holiday envelopes that worked well with a lot of the holiday stamps.




This one to Jack isn't from a catalog, although it looks a bit like it. It is from one of those pages of a magazine suggesting gifts for men. I thought this looked good with one of the modern art stamps.


Merry Christmas, everyone!

If you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope your day is peaceful.



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful envelope, and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Merry Christmas to you, too.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for your envelope - it'll be on the blog next month.

      Delete
  2. How fun & pretty! I used Christmas catalogs not in quite as cool a way as packing for packages of cookies I mailed this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the general color scheme from the paper source catalogs worked well with the ornaments and winter fun stamps, and the philatelic ones pretty much stamped themselves. I think they look good all heaped together, not sure what the recipients thought, though!

      Delete