Friday, January 16, 2015

Envelopes 492, 577 & 590 - Banana Time







November 18th is international banana day, and some of the folks at IUOMA send banana mail to celebrate.

I was late to the game so sent two reversible banana cards to Rebecca in two time-related envelopes.

Card 1:



Banana Time envelopes:


Card 2:



Of course I sealed the envelopes without telling her who I was, so i sent her a third explaining my omission. Always a struggle to find something to match the winter flower stamps, but pod-woman and her weird blue glow came through for me!



Rebecca is also hosting a fantastic mail art call with the title 'Spirit of the Forest'. The deadline is Feb 1. You can see the call and entries here.
                          _____________________________________________


Bonus: the Artist in Seine saw Rebecca's IUOMA post about my banana cards, and spontaneously sent me this postcard. I don't know if he has a pact with the devil, but there doesn't seem to be any postage on it. I'm not sure about being an international mail artist yet, but I'll take the compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment