Saturday, May 16, 2015

Minimalist and more from Keith



Keith from IUOMA sent me this spontaneous and minimalist mail art.

Security envelope handmade envelope.



Inside was a single sheet of paper...



...and the other side.



My response:



And sent back in envelope 557.




__________________________


With the arrival of this next amazing envelope arrived it seems like his signature is turning security envelopes inside out.  And in this case, he created the most incredible underwater encounter. These images are precisely cut out and securely adhered - I would never have the patience or the skill.



And inside was the sheet, which is stitched back together, with Keith's new additions. The spider is outstanding.




The blog is so far ahead of real time now, that I can bring you the third installment.

This is what I did to the sheet.





And the envelope Keith sent is one of the most creative things I've received this year, so I was trying to come up with something a little extra special, when i noticed he had commented on the mail art book I sent to Erni. So two selected pages from Keith's trashpo book...





The dimensional picture.


And the random selection of stamps I used to cover the postage.



10 comments:

  1. I like your anwers. Very creative exchange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been creative - although I don't think I can match Keith's spider and its red stitching.

      Delete
  2. you say that you *would never have the patience or skill* to make precise cuts and skilled adhering. technically, those are two skills that are easily mastered if you have a competent teacher. while i do not know how old you are, i suspect you have time to learn these skills and i also suspect that they are the next logical step in your journey. you were drawn to cutting and adhering paper long ago. then, i believe there was a dormant period. then you went back to the envelopes and launched your career as an international mail artist. you are just s couple tiny little steps away from knowing how to make precise cuts and skillful adhering. you seem to enjoy the mail art and it makes sense to keep adding tools to your tool box. lettering is one option, but, i don't like to force people down a particular path. you did a great job with your lettering. it is only my opinion, but i am right...you would have no trouble learning to cut and adhere. let me know when you are ready to proceed. or do we need to debate this issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I did make those cutout postcards a while ago that took a lot of patience. Maybe I just prefer it when someone else does it and I'm on the receiving end!

      Delete
    2. fair enough.
      it's best to stick with the mediums and techniques that have the most intense connection to your DNA

      Delete
  3. Very interesting exchange. I love the octopus encelope. Really nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a great envelope, and quite unexpected after the minimalism of the first one.

      Delete
  4. Love the spider, that one is a real keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it Halloween yet? I mean with the spider crawling around on the envelope, I thought maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, almost there - we're closer to next Halloween than last Halloween! The spider is drawn on, yet manages to look completely real. Keith's clearly a talented artist.

      Delete