Thursday, November 19, 2015

Today is the 6th World Day of Faux Stamp Artists - 6ème Journée Mondiale du Faux Timbre d'Artiste

Every year for the last 6 years, Tony M, of Post Nomade, has been able to get La Poste, the French postal service, to allow artistamps or faux stamps to be used for one day as real postage. The mail has to go to a specific address. I have taken part for the last few years, and usually mail my envelope to Tony for him to post in France for me.


My stamps.


Real and faux stamps on the big envelope to Tony.




Smaller envelope for the special day.


You should be able to see other entries by clicking here.


6 comments:

  1. these are absolutely great and sounds like a fun project. I clicked on the link and enjoyed looking at more great envies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This project got me interested in faux stamps, and I think this is the third year I've taken part.

      Delete
  2. I've read about that, but I didn't pay attention before. That's a great initiative!
    Your stamps are very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun turning my old(er) mouse design into a 6.

      Delete
  3. That's a wonderful initiative!
    And I love your mouse stamps!

    ReplyDelete